How is breakfast in different countries? What do students normally have for breakfast? These were only some of the questions that we had in mind when we started this activity.
To start with, we created an online wall using padlet. Students and teachers wrote on the wall, providing information about their breakfast. Later, students talked to each other using email, skype and our facebook group. Mini-interviews were organized and students highlighted the basic differences and similarities about their breakfast.
Finally, here are some of the results that came out from this activity:
- Most students have their breakfast at home between 7:00-8:00 am
- A few students (especially girls) sometimes skip breakfast
- Most students prepare their breakfast themselves
- Milk is the most common drink during breakfast
- Tea is also very common for breakfast especially in Lithuania and Latvia
- Students from Greece and Italy have cooked breakfast very rarely or never
I want to thank all the teachers and students who participated in this activity. Students Parisa Katsakouli and Hlia Pandazopoulou at 3rd Gymnasium of Mytilene created the survey and helped me to organise the whole activity.